COVID-19 Update 6-1-2020
We hope everyone has been staying safe and healthy. We know these last few months have been a challenge for everyone. We wanted to review and update our current plan for a transition from our “COVID-19 Schedule” to our normal business schedule. This transition will not occur overnight, but we are working hard to make this a reality very soon. Here are the important points you need to know, as of 6-1-2020:
- Hours of Operation:
- Our current (outpatient only) hours are: Monday – Friday from 9 AM to 1 PM.
- As of June 1st we will be using ouroriginal, pre-quarantine schedule:
- Monday and Wednesday: 9 am – 7 pm.
- Tuesday and Thursday: 8 am – 5 pm.
- Friday: 9 am – 6 pm.
- Saturday: 9am – 12 noon.
- Emergency Service:
- We are always available outside normal hours for our patients through our emergency service.
- Please call us at 906-222-5896 any time after-hours if you have an emergent situation with your pet.
- Curbside Service:
- We will continue to utilize our curbside service. We feel it is still important to use proper social distancing practices until we know it is as safe to resume our normal protocol. We continue to follow the advice of the Governor and the AVMA.
- REMEMBER to stay in your car when you arrive. CALL the clinic phone (906-485-6145), and we will come out to bring your pet into an exam room when one becomes available. This will help us control the flow of clients and patients through the clinic.
- If you do not have a cell phone, knock at the front door to let us know you are here.
- Please be aware, after the doctor performs the examination, he/she may call you on your cell phone. We will need you to be available at that time.
- Because we are still trying to protect our staff and clients from potential exposure to the COVID-19 virus. PLEASE DO NOT COME TO THE CLINIC IF:
- You have ANY type of RESPIRTORY illness. We are unable to distinguish between COVID-19 and a cold, influenza, or chronic issues like COPD, asthma, etc.
- You have had ANY potential exposure to COVID-19.
- You have travelled in the last 3 weeks.
- You have been exposed to anyone who has travelled in the last 3 weeks.
- If you fall into any of the categories above, you will need to:
- Ask a friend or family member to bring your pet in.
- Reschedule if the appointment is not critical.
Thank you for your patience during this unique and challenging time. We are looking forward to getting back to our normal schedule. We are also looking forward to having direct interaction with our clients. We miss you all!
The Doctors and Staff at Northern Veterinary Associates.