Covid-19 Hours and Protocol Update – 3/30
We hope everyone is staying safe and healthy. We wanted to review and update all of the current schedule and policy changes during the COVID-19 situation. Here are the most important things you need to know, as of 3-30-2020:
- Outpatient hours: Our current hours will be Monday – Friday from 9 AM to 1 PM.
- Curbside Service:
- REMEMBER to stay in your car when you arrive in the parking lot.
- CALL the clinic phone (906-485-6145) when you arrive, and we will arrange to get your pet into an exam room when one becomes available.
- We will be coming out to your car to get your pet. After the doctor performs the examination, he/she may call you on your cell phone.
- This will help us control the flow of clients and patients through the clinic, and help conserve PPE’s and other equipment that are in short supply.
- We will continue
to only schedule:
- Sick, injured, and emergent-need patients.
- Puppy and Kitten Wellness Exams and vaccines.
- Patients with long term illnesses.
- If you are unable to bring your pet in during these hours, we ask that you get a friend or family member to bring them in.
- Emergency Service:
- We will always be available for our patients through our emergency service. Please call us at 906-222-5896 any time after-hours if you have an emergent situation with your pet.
- We continue to ask our clients to not come into the building. This puts our staff and other clients at risk. PLEASE DO NOT COME TO THE CLINIC IF:
- You have ANY type of RESPIRATORY illness. We are unable to distinguish between a cold, influenza, or chronic issues like COPD, asthma, etc.
- You have had ANY potential exposure to COVID-19.
- You have traveled in the last 4 weeks.
- You have been exposed to anyone who has traveled in the last 4 weeks.
- If you fall into
any of the categories in #4 above, you will need to:
- Reschedule if the appointment is not critical.
- Ask a friend or family member to bring your pet in.
- REMEMBER to stay in your car when you arrive in the
- CALL the clinic phone (906-485-6145) when you arrive, and we will arrange to get your pet in when an exam room is available.
- If you do not have a cell phone, knock at the front door to let us know you are here.
Thank you again for your patience during this unique and challenging time. We hope we can all soon get back to our regular schedules.
The doctors and staff at Northern Veterinary Associates.